The Eugene Public Library Foundation was established in 1984 to work with members of the Eugene community to enhance programs and materials at Eugene Public Library. As the philanthropic partner of the library, we are truly honored to serve the public and Eugene Public library by providing resources that are open and free to all.
Resources the Foundation has contributed include:
Online databases such as:
- Consumer Guide – Online consumer auto guide
- Morningstar – Investment research software
- Mango Language – Online language learning software
- Brainfuse Online Homework Help – Free one-to-one help from qualified tutors for children and teens
- Ancestry – Family ancestry research and genealogy records
- Diagnostics Auto Repair Help – Repair information and wiring diagrams for cars and trucks
Funding for early literacy such as:
- Storytime-To-Go (outreach to daycare centers)
- Sensory Storytime – Includes interactive stories, songs, and movement!
- Dog Tale Time – Kids have fun and build skills in short one-on-one sessions reading to trained dogs at the Downtown Eugene Public Library
- The Imagination Library of Eugene
Thousands of new books every year – EPLF purchases thousands of additional books for the Eugene Public Library annually.
Lucky Day Books – EPLF purchases extra copies of new and popular titles that are available to borrow immediately.
Adult Literacy one-on-one tutoring