We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director of the Eugene Public Library Foundation. The job posting and description is below. Please do not call the Foundation office in reference to this posting. It will remain open until filled. Thank you.
Eugene Public Library Foundation Executive Director Job Announcement
The Eugene Public Library Foundation supports the Eugene Public Library in its
efforts to inspire lifelong learning and to enrich the entire community. The
Foundation secures and responsibly manages contributions from individuals,
businesses, and foundations to build community support for our Eugene Public Library.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Classification: Full-time and salaried employment, At Will
Work Schedule: Typically 40 hours per week, varies with programs and events
Previous candidates who meet the revised required qualifications are encouraged to
We are seeking a self-starter with a strong background in donor development, and
excellent organizational and managerial skills to serve as the full-time Executive
Director (ED) of the Eugene Public Library Foundation (EPLF).
The Executive Director executes Foundation goals and raises funds for the library as
well as the Dolly Parton Imagination Library of Eugene program. The ED collaborates
with Eugene Public Library staff and City of Eugene staff and officials to ensure the
EPLF mission is consistent with goals and needs of the library. The ED is responsible
for the Foundation’s financial management, stewardship and development, and
administration of policies and procedures. Our community and Board require respect
for diverse cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and religious beliefs.
Lead. The Executive Director provides leadership in maintaining a positive, productive
relationship among the EPLF Board, Friends of the Library Board, Library
administration and staff, and the community.
Fundraise. Challenge and motivate community and donors to increase support for the
library via individual gifts, annual campaigns, major gifts, planned gifts, sponsorships,
lifetime giving, foundation giving, and grants, both independently and in collaboration
with Board members.
Educate. Spread the word to the public regarding the library’s value and purpose,
needs and goals. Articulate the goals and visions of the EPLF.
Strategize. Create giving opportunities, strategies, and incentives for charitable
giving. Build partnerships in the community to further this goal.
Oversee. Manage legal and fiscal responsibilities of EPLF, ensuring the Board is
advised of its obligations. Maintain required financial and legal records.
Budget. Coordinate with Board Treasurer to develop an annual budget.
Create. Oversee the production of marketing materials including fundraising
campaigns, newsletters, direct mail solicitations, planned giving materials, program
materials, and electronic materials.
Organize. In collaboration with the Board president, organize monthly Board meetings
and monthly meetings with the Eugene Imagination Library Advisory Board. Provide
monthly reports on ELPF affairs and status of Imagination Library finances and
● Minimum three years experience as an executive director, or equivalent.
● Experience working with a non-profit board.
● Experience fundraising, including:
– Cultivating donors;
– Orchestrating successful large-scale events, preferably as fundraisers;
– Success securing and managing grants;
● Experience with organization marketing and promotion, including:
– Developing communication tools such as annual reports, end-of-year
donor solicitations, and event promotions; and
– Using social media to increase organization visibility and awareness.
● A solid understanding of office procedures and practices;
● Computer skills, including experience with QuickBooks, Excel, Word, eTapestry
(or similar donor database) and MailChimp/Constant Contact.
The successful candidate will be able to:
● Demonstrate excellent writing and interpersonal skills;
● Manage a small team of support staff and contractors; and
● Manage priorities and workflow efficiently and cost-effectively.
Position requires a flexible work schedule to accommodate board meetings, donor
cultivation, and occasional fundraising events.
Organizational Details and Resources
1. Reports to the Board of Directors.
2. Works with Certified Public Accountant, Board Treasurer, and President on
financial oversight and to assist with preparation of a budget and financial
documents for monthly and annual Board review.
3. In collaboration with the Treasurer and Certified Public Accountant, assists with
preparation of annual federal and state tax returns, and if needed,
audit/quarterly/annual comprehensive financial reviews.
4. Works with the Finance Committee, and with professional, independent
investment management firms to provide strategies to protect and grow the
Foundation’s endowment and other investment income.
5. Works with the Executive Committee and Board President on EPLF personnel
matters and to determine staffing needs.
6. Hires and supervises as needed an office administrator, hourly bookkeeper,
graphic and marketing design professionals, and special events professionals.
7. Maintains Foundation website to increase community visibility.
Salary and Benefits
Determined by qualifications. Compensation package range: $55,000–$70,000.
Medical benefits available.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: First consideration will be given to candidates who respond on
or before November 15, 2019.
The Eugene Public Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for this position.
No phone calls please.